● Be sure to arrive in good time for the start of each class and where possible let your choir leader know if you may be late or unable to attend.
● Check the booking details carefully to ensure you are aware of parking and venue access information.
● Some women will bring children with them. This is a class for both women and children and as a group we respect the needs of each woman.
● Feeding or offering your child snacks and drinks throughout the session is absolutely fine if needed.
● We will spend time both sitting and standing.
● Gentle toys are provided, it is also recommended to bring a baby blanket in case the need to snuggle arrises mid-song.
● Be sure to let your choir leader know if you have any specific dietary requirements including gluten free, vegan etc. Every effort will be made to cater for your needs in the all-important tea and cake part of the class!
Accessibility Conditions: The Upper Hall is located through the first door and up the stairs. A stairlift is available.
Facilities: Wheelchair and buggy friendly. Baby change and toilets available.
Important Info: We will start singing at 10.30 am so please arrive in good time to get settled. We will sing for one hour then have tea and cake!
Parking: There is on-street parking on Walkey hill
About your choir leader
I’m Asha, I have been teaching a mixed choir for 5 years, but since the birth of my daughter have wanted to create a singing group that’s accessible to mums of young children too. I’m also a cellist, multi-instrumentalist, and music teacher, so I’ve been lucky enough to be surrounded by music every day, and feel passionately about sharing this with everyone!
My training was in both Western and North Indian classical music, and I’ve worked in diverse genres of music. So the choir will have simple and uplifting harmony songs from folk music, pop, and all around the world.
I feel strongly that music is for everyone, so all women’s voices are welcome in this choir, whether you are an experienced singer or a beginner, you and your voice are welcome. (And your little people too!)
● 07798 606093