When booking, please give your name and which choir as reference. E.g.: J Bloggs Rochester or J Bloggs Tunbridge Wells.
● Be sure to arrive in good time for the start of each class and where possible let your choir leader know if you may be late or unable to attend.
● Check the booking details carefully to ensure you are aware of parking and venue access information.
● Some women will bring children with them. This is a class for both women and children and as a group we respect the needs of each woman.
● Feeding or offering your child snacks and drinks throughout the session is absolutely fine if needed.
● We will spend time both sitting and standing.
● Gentle toys are provided, it is also recommended to bring a baby blanket in case the need to snuggle arrises mid-song.
● Be sure to let your choir leader know if you have any specific dietary requirements including gluten free, vegan etc. Every effort will be made to cater for your needs in the all-important tea and cake part of the class!
Accessibility Conditions: Easy Access
Facilities: Fully accessible for buggies and wheelchairs and there are baby-changing facilities.
Important Info: We will start singing at 10:00 am so please arrive in good time to get settled.
Parking: There is a large car park and there is also off street parking in the area.
About your choir leader
Rachel is a qualified Associate Colourstrings Music Kindergarten Teacher, has a music degree, an MA in Arts Management and runs her own music education business. She has been singing since she was a tiny tot herself, and currently sings with the City of Canterbury Chamber Choir. Rachel’s Singing Mamas choirs will include traditional songs from around the world, and some more contemporary songs, and will all be taught by ear. Women of all ages and voices are welcome, with or without children.
“Singing with other people is one of my joys in life! I know that if I don’t sing regularly then my mood is drastically affected! I’m keen to spread this power of the voice to other women – to help brighten their day, nourish their being, and bring a moment of calm, as well as build a community of support. I hope that you come and give it a go – disregard that “I can’t sing” voice in your head, and come and see how you sound in a supportive and non-judgemental group.”
Rachel also teaches Colourstrings Music to babies and children up to age 7 in Medway and Tunbridge Wells. Colourstrings is an approach of teaching music to children through singing and leads to tangible musical skills that can transfer onto an instrument. She also has lots of fun teaching piano to a small number of children and adults. For more information see www.flutterbymusic.co.uk
● 0772 4466064