● Be sure to arrive in good time for the start of each class and where possible let your choir leader know if you may be late or unable to attend.
● Check the booking details carefully to ensure you are aware of parking and venue access information.
● Some women will bring children with them. This is a class for both women and children and as a group we respect the needs of each woman.
● Feeding or offering your child snacks and drinks throughout the session is absolutely fine if needed.
● We will spend time both sitting and standing.
● Gentle toys are provided, it is also recommended to bring a baby blanket in case the need to snuggle arrises mid-song.
● Be sure to let your choir leader know if you have any specific dietary requirements including gluten free, vegan etc. Every effort will be made to cater for your needs in the all-important tea and cake part of the class!
Accessibility Conditions: Easy Access
Facilities: Toilets and buggy friendly entrance
Important Info: We will start singing at 12pm so please arrive in good time to get settled.
Parking: Free parking at the Barn
About your choir leader
Thanks to everyone who has been singing with me since we started Horsham Singing Mamas in the Spring earlier this year. Keep spreading the word about our group- lets grow from these sound roots!
Welcoming all women to our weekly sessions that are an opportunity to release tension and experience the joy of singing in harmony. A real mood booster! We explore uplifting melodies, rhythms and songs from around the world, from songs of freedom to English folk. Join us for an hour of singing followed by chat over tea and cake.
Children are welcome to come too & they will benefit from the nourishing atmosphere. You will be surprised how they remember the songs. This is an inclusive space for women of all ages.
For Sarra, singing is a source of joy and emotional release. Sarra is grateful to be part of the Singing Mama’s network building accepting, non-judgmental communities that sing together. Her training and work in Drama, Indian Music, Dance and Yoga continue to inform each other & inspire her creativity. Sarra offers Restorative Yoga workshops that facilitate breathing capacity and breath awareness that is helpful for singing. She is based in the Surrey Hills & Sussex.