When booking, please give your name and which choir as reference. E.g.: J Bloggs Dorking or J Bloggs Reigate.
● Be sure to arrive in good time for the start of each class and where possible let your choir leader know if you may be late or unable to attend.
● Check the booking details carefully to ensure you are aware of parking and venue access information.
● Some women will bring children with them. This is a class for both women and children and as a group we respect the needs of each woman.
● Feeding or offering your child snacks and drinks throughout the session is absolutely fine if needed.
● We will spend time both sitting and standing.
● Gentle toys are provided, it is also recommended to bring a baby blanket in case the need to snuggle arrises mid-song.
● Be sure to let your choir leader know if you have any specific dietary requirements including gluten free, vegan etc. Every effort will be made to cater for your needs in the all-important tea and cake part of the class!
We will be having a Christmas Sing-Along during the day for families and an evening Christmas Sing-Along just for Mamas in the 2nd and 3rd weeks of December.
Accessibility Conditions: Ramp at main entrance, no steps. Room for buggies inside.
Facilities: Baby-changing/disabled toilet
Important Info: We will start singing at 10:15am so please arrive in good time to get settled.
Parking: The church is about a 5 minute walk from the South Street car park or the Church Street car park (which is off West Street, turn left just after Chanticleer antiques).
About your choir leader
Philippa moved to Dorking in 2017 with her young family and was so inspired by the community spirit of the town that she decided, encouraged by some proactive local mums, to start a Singing Mamas choir. So here it is! Philippa has sung in natural voice choirs and folk groups for over ten years and has also been a drama teacher and a Forest School practitioner. She firmly believes in the healing and connecting power of women singing together and is excited to be bringing this inclusive singing style to Dorking.
● 07929 050373