When booking, please give your name and which choir as reference. E.g.: J Bloggs Ashurst.
● Be sure to arrive in good time for the start of each class and where possible let your choir leader know if you may be late or unable to attend.
● Check the booking details carefully to ensure you are aware of parking and venue access information.
● Some women will bring children with them. This is a class for both women and children and as a group we respect the needs of each woman.
● Feeding or offering your child snacks and drinks throughout the session is absolutely fine if needed.
● We will spend time both sitting and standing.
● Gentle toys are provided, it is also recommended to bring a baby blanket in case the need to snuggle arrises mid-song.
● Be sure to let your choir leader know if you have any specific dietary requirements including gluten free, vegan etc. Every effort will be made to cater for your needs in the all-important tea and cake part of the class!
Accessibility Conditions: Easy, straight off A264. 10 minutes from Tunbridge Wells and 15 minutes from East Grinstead.
Facilities: Wheelchair and buggy friendly. Toilets and baby-changing facilities.
Important Info: We will start singing at 10:30 am so please arrive in good time to get settled.
Parking: Free car park attached to the venue.
About your choir leader
Hi! I’m Emma and I invite you to join me for mornings of heartfelt harmonies, here in Ashurst. All women of every age are warmly welcome, and if you have babies and children, do bring them along to soak up the singing too.
A little about me… After 10 years working as a classroom music teacher in Secondary and Primary schools, I discovered Singing Mamas in Forest Row. As a new Mum, it was here that I truly came to know the power and joy of singing in a circle of women. It was just what I needed to nourish me and help me through my week. Forward five years and I’ve got pockets full of songs to share!
A little about Singing Mamas Ashurst… We sing uplifting heartfelt unaccompanied harmony songs from musical traditions around the world. I share the songs by call and response, so whatever your prior experience of singing is, you will be able to pick up the songs easily. If you have a desire to sing, then come along and join our relaxed and friendly group. We sing for an hour and then chat over tea and cake.